Our founding father’s were comprised of some pretty smart folks. The US Constitution is hands down the greatest document ever created by man. It’s no coincidence that our founding fathers made the 1st Amendment, the very 1st, ”Freedom Of Speech/Press.” They had an innate understanding of its priceless value and knew it deserved a #1 ranking in our bill of rights.
Historically we the people have had this right yet have had a hard time exercising it. The gatekeepers to the media were vast. Each news station had its own political agenda and, well, things were never really fair and balanced. “Editors” ran each story through “legal” which in return cut most of the good stories for fear of libel suits, ratings loss, or misalignment with ulterior agendas.
With the advent of social media & search technologies, we the people are now freer than ever before. With 1 phone call or email, I could literally bring any idea in front of thousands of people – and keep it there. Here’s how:
note: follow SEO guidelines when following this process: to gain insight into true SEO guidelines, visit Michael Gray, Matt Cutts, and Eric Enge’s blogs via our blogroll.
1. Create 10 exact match keyword mini-sites. i.e. for “John Doe”
JohnDoe.com, JohnDoe.net, JohnDoeSucks.com, John-Doe.com. Register each site for 10 years and through different registrants. This helps get past spam blockers in the search engines.
2. Host each minisite on a different server. Search engines will rank each site as unique. Use different technology to build each site, i.e. WordPress, Droopal, html, .asp, etc. Do not use Flash.
3. Create compelling journalistic content. If you’re not a top notch writer hire one.
4. Every day release articles that have are optimized to rank. Create 1 way backlinks to the minisites. You need to vary the number of daily articles, shooting for 3-4 a day tops. Do not use a spinner and focus on truly original content. I have a list of over 500 of the best directories, feel free to reach out I’ll give you access.
5. Then hit the forums – just make sure you post in forums that are relevant to your topic.
6. Hit 1 press release a week through places like PRweb. You must create news worthy press releases. Create 2-3 backlinks in each release to different minisites and articles.
7. Buy 1 way backlinks from PR7 + sites that are highly relevant to your topic.
8. Create social media profiles across the board that link to your minisites.
9. Continue this process until you achieve the rankings you’re looking for.
If there’s a huge opportunity cost in doing this yourself, retain a company like Reputation Changer. They have systems in place that streamlines this entire process.
Depending on how competitive the topic/keyword is, you will get your thoughts ranked within weeks. I’ve worked on projects where we’ve ranked in hours. And no, please don’t contact us asking if we can do SEO work for you – we only do it for our internal projects
To highlight the influential nature of social media & search technologies the New York Times recently created a new category called “The New Influencers.” These are a group of people (once again, that’s you) who are influential on a specific topic tied to a valuable demographic. This section has gained enormous popularity.
As we grow older we grow wiser from life experiences. For direct response and affiliate marketers, we all started off at some point. As we gained more experience, we discovered ways to get in front of the eyeballs of more and more consumers.
Continue to discover ways to reach your audience. Google’s original purchase price of YouTube was written off as daft by pundits. It turns out that purchase allowed Google to reach billions of more eyeballs every month.
And that’s what freedom of speech/press is all about – getting your thoughts in front of eyeballs – the more the merrier.