Have you ever found yourself tiring out halfway through the day?
You may have walked to the kitchen and chugged a Red Bull or a Monster Energy drink. What were the effects? An instant surge of energy! A few hours of focus!
Then what? A crash followed by the need for…more. More Red Bull, more Monster Energy, more double shots. Then the need for…more.
The biggest problem with energy expedients like Red Bull is that they take you 1 step forward and then 2 steps backward. Eventually your body will gain resistance to them and need more. The more you take, the more you need. In order to get out of states of fatigue, you’ll need…more.
I know from first hand experience. A while back I got really busy with work and found myself pulling 18 hour days 7 days a week. It got to the point where I needed energy drinks just to make it through midday. By the end of the night I was pounding them left and right.
Through a lot of research I discovered ways to get sustainable energy without all of the unhealthy quick-fixes. Today I can make it through vigorous workdays without any fatigue. Here’s how:
1. Animal Pak Vitamins - Animal Pak vitamins come in big jars with separate plastic packs filled with your daily vitamin dosage. This is perfect for guys in the industry because we don’t have the time to pick up 11 different bottles that we have to take vitamins from each day. In each Animal Pak come with 11 vitamins, each of which provides a different benefit.
2. Clif Builder’s Protein Bars – Clif Protein Bars are the first protein bars that I’ve tasted that are both delicious and good for you. When you’re too busy to make it to lunch, Clif Builders come in handy. Filled with 20 grams of protein, your muscles get the nurishment they need to grow.
3. Cases of FiJi Water – Staying hydrated throughout the day is key. FiJi water is the best water on the planet, so reward your body with the best nutrients. I suggest that you drink 5-6 bottles of FiJi a day. If you’re on the go save money by ordering FiJi by the caseload off of their site FiJi Bulk Orders.
4. Personal Trainer – Most readers of this blog are insanely busy and capital intensive. Everything in our lives needs to have structure. We plan our meetings, phone calls, trips, assignments, and projects.
We shouldn’t waste our time planning out extensive workouts when we can have a professional do it for us. I strongly recommend that you hire a personal trainer that will put you into a solid program and push you to succeed. After your first session you’ll never go back to the drudgery of working out alone or with one of your friends – it’s just not the same.
If you’re not ready for a personal trainer then I suggest you join a CrossFit class. You’ll notice that everyone in the CrossFit classes that have consistenly trained for 3+ months is ripped. CrossFit specializes in not specializing. CrossFit makes you well-rounded in your fitness by gaining competence in the 10 components of fitness: endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy.
CrossFit prepares your body to adapt to the unknown and the unknowable. If you make a commitment to this method you will achieve results. You will make a positive change in your body composition and you will gain confidence in your physical abilities. This confidence will carry over into other facets of your life.
5. Proper Diet - If you can afford it, have your meals cooked in advance for you by a professional chef. High protein low card organic diets are the best way to go. I try to do most of my shopping at Whole Foods and Trader Joes. Just about everything in those stores is good for you to eat.
Yes, it’s more expensive. A good friend of mine pointed out “you’re either gonna pay now or you’re gonna pay later.” Ain’t that the truth!
By implementing these 5 tricks into your life you’re mental and physical stamina will significantly improve. You’ll have the ability to sit through long work stretches without falling victim to fatigue. With greater focus and energy you will improve you overall productivity. Good luck!!!
P.S. You should still stock the Red Bulls and Double Shot energies for emergencies. I order 5 Hour Energy by the case for those rare days where external factors weight down my work product.