One clever tool that seasoned Direct Response Marketers use is the Exit Pop. An Exit Pop is a window that pops up when web visitors attempt to leave a website. In essence, the goal is to entice the prospect in a last ditch effort to take a nibble at the bait.
Here’s a few tricks to maximizing Exit Pops:
- Add an Exit Pop to your presage page.
- Add an Exit Pop to every offer that you’re running on your presage page.
- Offer a lower price for continuing to shop your offer.
- Have the exit pop redirect the user directly to the checkout page.
- Less text is more. Catch the users attention with a clear discount.
- The greater the discount, the higher the response.
- Certain traffic sources prohibit Exit Pops, proceed cautiously.
- Nearly all search engines will penalize websites that have Exit Pops.