What an amazing summer so far! For the past 6 weeks I’ve been heads down building technology, acquiring companies, launching new services, building new systems, and adventuring into new areas in business that are outside of my comfort zone. Building businesses is my only hobby, so I never really work a day in my life.
Some brief musings:
1. Hands down SalesForce owns Lead Gen. The key is to run biz process reviews with certified consultants and then tailor the CRM to your businesses’ specific needs. SalesForce is the gift that keeps on giving, if you use it right
2. Limelight continues to dominate online direct response marketing. I don’t think that Rick Del Rio has updated the website in the past few years, but who cares. The technology runs smooth and works like magic for DR marketers.
3. It is undisputed now that Perform Insider owns the Performance Marketing industry. Haters are gonna hate, but Pace Lattin is dominating. Love it!
4. At Cost Fulfillment is now fulfilling in South America and South Africa. Great markets, little competition, and huge ROI for DR Marketers.
International markets are so attractive. Much bigger bang for you buck.
5. Litigation is a cost of doing business. Filing lawsuits, enforcing judgements, collecting, and continuing to protect the wonderful liberties that I am fortunate to have an an American.
Starting to file a lot of patents/copyrighting to protect IP. Too many people are ripping my shit, time to make a statement.
6. One of our subsidiaries joined the AP. This is a life long dream of mine. Now I can feed content directly to the AP and syndicate it to news media properties that we operate.
At this point in my life it’s not about winning so much as it is about winning at the right things: focus on businesses that you can be #1 at, have scale, and are niche, that’s my model…thereafter the harder you work, the luckier you’ll get.
Good stuff coming down the pipeline. Talk to you soon.